Monday 21 September 2009

Boom Boom Music Vol 7






My mixtape series continues with Boom Boom Music Vol 7 (for those that aren't in the loop, this mixtape is something I make for my car and "Boom Boom" is in relation to the noise that comes out of my car speakers when these beats hit yall).

This time round Boom Boom returns to it's routes with lots of heavy hip hop beats that are designed to shake the speakers as well as a few straight up rock tunes. It kicks off on a dark note with Kanye West's Love Lockdown which has narrowly avoided the Boom Boom series for quite some time, then into the highs of Missy Elliot's We Run This. Already I'm regretting including Calvin Harris and Ready for the Weekend, it's completely out of place, and not for the usual Boom Boom reasons (I usually include a random track, normally the closing track).

Volume 7 closes with possibly the best closer I have included on a mixtape, The Beatles - Here, There and Everywhere. In fact, it's unintentionally Beatles-heavy too with a couple of inclusions with two inclusions from Dangermouse's masterful Grey Album.

Enjoy and burn.

Side A
  • Kanye West - Love Lockdown
  • Swizz Beatz - Top Down
  • Missy Elliot - We Run This
  • Jay-Z & DJ Dangermouse - Dirt Off Your Shoulder
  • Dizzee Rascal - I Luv U
  • Korn - Here to Stay
Side B
  • Queens of the Stone Age - Medication
  • Calvin Harris - Ready for the Weekend
  • Thom Yorke - Black Swan
  • Dizzee Rascal - Da Feelin'
  • Jay-Z & DJ Dangermouse -Allure
  • The Beatles - Here, There and Everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment